As the captive market has grown and thrived it has also caught the attention of regulators at all levels. This is something of a double-edged sword for a sector that thrives on innovation, argues Robert Myers of law firm Morris, Manning & Martin.
- 831(b) blues: the Avrahami aftermath 25-08-2017
- The implementation of governance standards in Vermont 24-05-2017
- OECD BEPS: defending the captive case 24-04-2017
- Solvency II—is everything done now? 10-01-2017
- Megatrends: a curse or blessing for the captives market? 20-12-2016
Latest law & regulation news
One of the strengths of the Cayman Islands as a domicile is its team approach to captives, according to Julie Robertson, partner and chair at Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn.