The Insurance Managers Association of Cayman (IMAC) is a non-profit organisation run by the insurance managers of the Cayman Islands. The aim of IMAC is to act both as regulatory liaison with the Cayman Islands Government and to promote the Cayman Islands as the domicile of choice for Captive Insurance Companies.
The Insurance Managers Association of Cayman Our Mission Statement is: To promote the development of the Cayman Islands Captive Insurance Industry through cooperation and engagement with local government, regulators, media and other organizations, to promote the Integrity and Intellect of the Industry, and to encourage sustainable growth through Innovation, Education and International Competitiveness.
The Insurance Managers Association of Cayman (IMAC) is a non-profit organisation run by the insurance managers of the Cayman Islands. IMAC also includes Associate members including the Captive Insurance Companies on Island and also the service providers that support the industry both locally and overseas.
IMAC is operated by an Executive Committee and supported by five Committees; Education & Scholarship, Forum, Legislative & Regulatory, Marketing, and Research & Development.
Our annual flagship event is the Cayman Captive Forum. The annual Forum has been held consecutively since 1993 and has grown in stature and size since that time. The Forum is the largest financial conference on the Island, attracting over 1,200 attendees.
The profits from the Forum largely support IMAC's Educational Scholarship Fund. The Fund was formed in 1994 to assist with the post-high school education of young Caymanians.
Who we are
• IMAC is a not-for-profit organisation run by the resident Insurance Managers of the Cayman Islands.
• IMAC provides a united front for the Cayman captive industry to act both as regulatory liaison with the Cayman Islands Government and Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) whilst promoting the Cayman Islands as the domicile of choice for captive insurance companies.
• IMAC’s membership is comprised of Cayman licensed Insurance Managers, local and overseas Service Providers as well as captive insurance company owners and affiliates. What we do
• IMAC works closely with Government and the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority to ensure that all of its member’s interests are represented.
• Provide effective representation on the Cayman Islands Legislative Assembly and Regulatory Committees which enables a united industry to have substantive input in to any proposed changes to current insurance legislation or regulations.
• Provide ongoing educational opportunities for local members by way of regular technical courses and seminars led by industry experts.
• Produce the IMAC quarterly newsletter to members.
• Manage the IMAC website which contains industry information and updates for its members.
• Organise and host various networking events to which all members are invited.
• Organise and coordinate the informative annual Cayman Captive Forum Conference (CCF).
• Donate surplus funds to the IMAC Education Fund to assist local students attend university
William J.N. Forsythe, FCA
Phone/Fax: 345-949-4622 (IMAC)
Client Services Director
Telephone: +1 345 914 2265
Mobile: +1 345 936 2265
Fax: +1 345 949 6021