With the cannabis industry expected to generate over $20 billion in US sales in 2021 and only a handful of insurers active in this space, there is a prime opportunity for captive insurers to step in. An inherent conflict at a federal level scares away many captive managers, but those not willing to act might get left behind. Matthew Queen, chief compliance officer and general counsel of Venture Captive Management, has the details.
- Regulations steering Bermuda captives ahead of the competition 14-01-2019
- Captives’ central role in the construction industry 07-01-2019
- Shivkov v Artex and more 831(b) blues 17-12-2018
- Conditional licensing: a faster way to do captives 13-12-2018
- Investing in the future talent of the captive insurance market 13-12-2018
The Self-Insurance Institute of America (SIIA) has released a code of professional standards to provide ethical business conduct guidance to captive managers.