Captives appear to be an increasingly attractive option for businesses as the insurance market hardens, offering a number of potential benefits if the money can be found to cover the initial set-up costs, say KPMG’s Mark Allitt and Jonathan Barnes.
- Do I need a captive feasibility study? 12-05-2021
- Analytical spring cleaning 23-04-2021
- DUAEs offer a captive performance guarantee 13-04-2021
- A smarter approach to reinsuring long-term liabilities 07-04-2021
- How to look not like an insurance company 30-03-2021
The US Supreme Court has ruled in favour of CIC Services in its ongoing dispute with the Internal Revenue Service regarding micro captives and the legality of Notice 2016-66, setting the stage for a showdown that could potentially see the IRS Notice enjoined.