Setting up reinsurance companies in jurisdictions such as Bermuda or Cayman gives life insurers significantly more flexibility to manage the complex challenges they face, such as interest rate and longevity risk, says Patrick Ferguson of Marsh.
- How to look not like an insurance company 30-03-2021
- How the US government will use captives to tackle the crisis in social care 24-03-2021
- Leveraging a captive for ERM efficiency 23-03-2021
- CaptiV, the data ecosystem helping small companies manage rising medical costs 22-03-2021
- Tennessee: providing certainty in uncertain times 15-03-2021
Some are considering bringing additional lines into their captives, but this has to be done thoughtfully.