Could high-profile settlements with the State of Washington lead to more captive domiciles following a similar path? Or will they adopt a more pro-business stance, like North Carolina? Pete Kranz, executive managing director and captive practice leader of Beecher Carlson, provides some key considerations on where to domicile a captive.
- BEPS and substance requirements: Hugh’s views 08-04-2019
- Economic substance and Bermuda’s insurance industry 29-03-2019
- 831(b) ‘conspiracy’ bigger than Artex and Gallagher: LFDS lawyer 28-01-2019
- Five reasons missing the cannabis insurance train will kill captive managers 21-01-2019
- Regulations steering Bermuda captives ahead of the competition 14-01-2019
Latest law & regulation news
The number of captives managed by Marsh actively underwriting one or more insurance programmes that access the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (TRIPRA) increased 10 percent to 182 in 2018.