One of the most closely watched cases in the captive industry has drawn to a close, and the IRS has scored a win against 831(b)s in the case of Avrahami v Commissioner. Various experts weigh in on what can be taken away from this result.
- 831(b)s: under the microscope 24-07-2017
- BEPS: the US perspective 17-07-2017
- PwC responds to demand for tax advice with new hires 30-05-2017
- OECD BEPS: defending the captive case 24-04-2017
- A beginner’s guide to physician group captives 15-11-2016
Latest accounting & tax news
One of the strengths of the Cayman Islands as a domicile is its team approach to captives, according to Julie Robertson, partner and chair at Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn.