Owners of 831(b) tax-elected captives, and their advisors, have watched with alarm as the 30-year old 831(b) tax election has come under mounting scrutiny. These concerns flared up again with the recent circulation of intimidating letters from the IRS. Owners of 831(b)s have a decision to make about whether they persist with their current arrangements, says Captive Alternative’s Emilie Gastley.
- Changes to the auditor’s report: what you need to know 18-03-2020
- NAIC RRG task force makes progress 06-03-2020
- Fighting to remain relevant 10-01-2020
- Three reasons to create a captive 09-01-2020
- Falling interest rates, rising volatility 08-01-2020
Latest accounting & tax news
The IRS is spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt about the captive industry in an effort to increase its own revenues, according to Sean King, principal of CIC Services.