A GAO report was intended to shed some light the use of captives as abusive tax shelters. Instead it only risks perpetuating misunderstandings, says Bradley’s Davis Smith.
- The lack of consistency in reporting standards and how this may hurt captives 24-07-2020
- Preparing captive owners for new accounting legislation 13-07-2020
- How captives can help fill pandemic coverage gaps 15-05-2020
- COVID-19: the captive insurance fight-back begins 28-04-2020
- Time to exit your 831(b) captive? 27-03-2020
Latest tax news
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has made a second time-limited settlement offer to certain taxpayers under audit who it believes participated in abusive microcaptive insurance transactions.