Aon's Captive & Insurance Management team manages approximately 1,400 insurance entities worldwide including captives, protected and incorporated cell facilities, special purpose vehicles and specialist insurance and reinsurance companies.
Aon’s Captive & insurance Management
The Aon Centre
122, Leadenhall Street
+44 (0) 20 7088 0044
As a business unit within Aon's Global Risk Consulting group, we leverage the diverse risk consulting expertise required for a successful risk management programme. Our consulting and management teams work closely together to create and implement innovative solutions.
- Our Captive & Insurance Management team works closely with actuaries and analysts to bring clarity to your risk exposures.
- Our management services are delivered by qualified professionals to ensure accurate, compliant and timely reporting.
- Our unique client benchmarking programme analyses almost 15% of the world's captives. It enables comparison with peer groups by size, geography or industry.
- Aon's captive management best practices identify ways to maximise program efficiency.
- Our breadth of experience generates ideas and innovation to keep captives current and relevant to the needs of their owners and insureds.
Captive & Insurance Management Services
- Provision of management accounts
- A comparison against budget and other specifically requested schedules such as investment details, and underwriting and claims information
- Management commentary highlighting any significant items in the financial statements, budget variances, statutory compliance issues, etc.
- Oversight and management of a timely and successful annual audit in conjunction with the captive's auditors
- Effective management of operations and assets
- Handling all correspondence in relation to the captive's continuing business
- Preparation and issuance of policies and endorsements to ensure suitability within the overall risk financing objectives
- Preparation and issuance of certificates of insurance where required by the captive
- Assist with credentialing and claims history requests
- Liaison with the captive's insurance brokers to ensure its efficient use as a core part of the risk management program
- Collaboration with the captive's brokers to structure and place any required reinsurance program behind the captive
- Coordination with the appointed actuaries for the captive
- Maintenance, reporting and analysis of underwriting and claims statistical records
- Underwriting functions such as captive premium recommendation and allocation
Aon is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance. We will act as the principal representative for the captive as set out under the provisions of the laws of the various domiciles in which we do business and fulfill the following duties:
- Maintain principal place of business in the domicile, if required
- Monitor the captive's compliance with insurance regulations and requirements contained in the applicable laws and, if necessary, make recommendations as to corrective action
- Prepare, coordinate and submit the annual filings as required by the Law
- Arrange for the payment of appropriate local government fees
- Prepare and submit business plan amendments for regulatory approval, including the addition of new covers, changes in limits, rotation of directors, etc.
- Liaise with the captive's appointed attorneys and auditors
Areas of specialisation:
- Captive & Insurance Management
- Protected Cell Company
- Incorporated Cell Company
- Segregated Account Facility
- Insurance-Linked Securities
- Regulatory Compliance
- Captive Feasibility Study
- Middle East
Chief Executive Officer
Aon’s Captive & Insurance Management
Regional Managing Director, US
Chief Commercial Officer
Aon’s Captive & Insurance Management