Changes unveiled for VCIA's 2024 Annual Conference
The Vermont Captive Insurance Association (VCIA) has announced that its 2024 annual conference will see a number of changes from past events.
During its October Board Meeting, the VCIA Board, based on feedback received, voted to approve changes to the 2024 Annual VCIA Conference. The conference will occur on the same week, August 12-15, as it had previously been listed, but the VCIA said that the following structural changes have been made to enhance the conference:
· VCIA hotel blocks will be available for Sunday night, August 11th.
· VCIA Open Golf Tournament will move to Monday August 12th subject to course confirmation; tee times begin at 8:30am.
· Captive Immersion is still on Monday, 1-4:30pm but will have no added fee. Four more sessions, three CPE-eligible and one discussion group, have been added to Monday’s schedule.
· A Monday lunch will be available for conference attendees.
· The Monday reception, previously just for Captive Immersion participants, will now be open to all registered VCIA attendees. Furthermore, VCIA will be partnering with ICCIE to celebrate its 20th anniversary with this reception.
· The Situation Room with Sandy Bigglestone, has been given elevated status and moved to Tuesday August 13th, joining the program for the 3:45pm Conference Welcome and Industry Awards.
· The exhibit hall will officially open for business at noon on Tuesday August 13th, with the exhibit hall reception still being unchanged from 4:30-6:30pm that same day.
· Keynotes have been consolidated from 2 to 1, allowing for one more impactful and recognizable presenter. Instead of a Thursday closing luncheon keynote, the main keynote will be delivered on Wednesday, August 14th 2:45-4:00pm.
· The 2024 Annual Conference’s final event will be the popular off-site reception at Hotel Vermont, Wednesday August 14th, 4:30-6:00pm. No sessions will occur on Thursday August 15th, and the exhibit hall will not be open for business, but exhibitors can tear down their sets in the morning.
· VCIA will keep DoubleTree meeting suites for Monday morning and Thursday Board meetings so companies can be productive before, during, and after the conference.