RSM Cayman creates new scholarship programme
RSM Cayman has announced the launch of the RSM Scholarship Programme.
According to RSM Cayman on its website, the scholarship is to be awarded each year by the company to a Caymanian who possesses outstanding character and academic abilities.
The scholarship is tenable at a competitive university selected by the candidate and approved by the RSM Scholarship Committee. RSM will provide financial assistance up to $30,000 per annum to undergraduate students to complete a first degree over a period not exceeding four years until the recipient has completed the minimum educational requirements to qualify to pursue a professional license.
Applications will be accepted from February 15, 2023 to April 15, 2023. Interviews will take place in early May for the shortlisted candidates and the RSM Scholarship Committee will award the scholarship on or before May 31.
All scholarship recipients, should they qualify, agree to pursue full-time employment with RSM for a minimum period of three years after they have completed the educational requirements in their course of study. In addition, each recipient will be expected to sign a contract accepting the terms and conditions of the RSM Scholarship Program.
The requirements for applicants to the RSM Scholarship include:
• Provide the educational institutions letter of acceptance or provisional letter of acceptance
• Must be a citizen of the Cayman Islands (supporting documentation will be required if shortlisted)
• Passed at least 5 IGCSE/GCSE/CXC (including English and Maths) with a minimum grade of B or 2
• Maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA) collectively within your major or 2:1 if at university in the UK
• Submit official transcripts at the end of each semester for the Scholarship Committee review
• Provide receipts and other documentation in support of certain expenses (i.e. tuition, mandatory fees, books and housing)
• Accept employment as an intern for a minimum of six weeks at the RSM Cayman office during the summer school breaks.
• Qualify and obtain relevant professional license within three years of beginning full time employment with RSM Cayman.