Nearly 100 years ago, the first single parent captive insurance companies were formed onshore in the UK. There has been tremendous evolution in the captives industry, but there has not been as much progress with the captive investment portfolio, says Callan’s Sara Hakim.
- Why schemes need to be mindful of the 20:50 rule - and how ICCs can help 04-02-2019
- How to give your captive financial flexibility 28-11-2018
- Outsourcing arrangements in healthcare captives 28-11-2018
- Sweetening the deal? A captive’s value in the context of M&A 30-07-2018
- Asset allocation for captive insurers: a multi-asset perspective 03-04-2018
Latest asset management news
The University of California's (UC) investment assets under management - including its captive insurers Fiat Lux and UC Health RRG - grew substantially in the fiscal year ending June 30, 2018, with the captive assets reaching almost $1 billion.