The Insurance Commission of Jordan is a public institution mandated to regulate, supervise and develop the Jordanian insurance sector as well as protecting the rights of the insured. It also works on promoting Jordan as a regional insurance center.
The Insurance Commission of Jordan was established in 1999 to regulate and supervise the insurance sector and enhance its role and contribution to the national economy by the following means:
- Protecting the rights of the insured and beneficiaries of insurance business as well as monitoring solvency of insurance companies to provide adequate insurance coverage that help protecting these rights.
- Improving the performance and efficiency of insurance companies, and enforcing the implementation of professional codes and ethics that would improve the ability to provide better services to beneficiaries of insurance policies and maintain positive competitiveness amongst insurance companies.
- Capacity Building: Equipping individuals with the necessary skills, knowledge, and training that enable them to transact insurance business by various means including the establishment of an institute for this purpose.
- Enhancing insurance awareness, and preparing and disseminating relevant studies and research papers and make these available for the public.
- Strengthening the cooperation and integration links with insurance supervisors in the Arab World and worldwide.
The strategic objectives of the Insurance Commission include:
- Supervising the insurance companies through risk-based supervisory framework as to maintain stability of the insurance sector.
- Ensuring abidance of companies and supporting services providers by the ethical and professional codes of conduct, corporate governance principles, and other relevant legislations.
- Protecting the rights of the consumers through implementing a solid regulatory and supervisory framework and introducing legislations that provide for new insurance products with a social perspective.
Ms. Rana Tahboub
Her work contributes to the implementation of the strategies of the Insurance Commission towards regulating and developing the insurance sector.
Head of Media & Communication Unit
Duties: He develops and implements outreach strategies and plans that create awareness among end-users about the various insurance products as to increase insurance contribution to GDP. He is also responsible for promoting Jordan to become a regional insurance center.