Invest Barbados (IB) is the economic development agency of the government of Barbados with responsibility for attracting and facilitating foreign direct investment for the country. IB is also responsible for helping to develop and manage the Barbados international business brand.
Invest Barbados (IB) is the economic development agency of the government of Barbados with responsibility for attracting, winning and sustaining international investment for the country. IB is also responsible for helping to develop and manage the Barbados international business brand.
• To promote Barbados as a desirable investment location and attract and facilitate foreign direct investment
• To monitor competitive domiciles, clients and markets for new trends and legislative changes, and develop new products
• To work with other stakeholders to manage and develop the Barbados international business brand
Key service areas:
• Engaging in promotional and sales activities globally
• Providing relevant, timely, current, quality information to investors regarding the country’s social, political and economic landscape
• Conducting research to facilitate development of new investment products and markets
• Collaborating with other stakeholders to manage Barbados’ investment climate to ensure client satisfaction and future growth
• Assisting clients with government’s registration/permit processes and relevant legislation
• Co-ordination of strategic alliances with private sector organisations
• Introduction and on-going liaison with relevant government agencies
• Provision of aftercare/investor support services to ensure smooth business continuity
Regions of operation:
Headquartered in Barbados, with offices in Canada and the USA
Main source markets for business: Canada, Latin America, UK & Europe and USA
Sandra Payne, Chief Executive Officer (Ag)
The CEO is responsible to the Board of Directors for the smooth administration and operation of IB. Heads of the core divisions – Investment Promotion & Facilitation, and Research & Development, as well as the support departments –HR & Administration, ICT and Finance, all report to the CEO.
Kenneth Campbell, Director Investment Promotion
The Director oversees the operations of the Investment Promotion (IP) division including two offices in Toronto, Canada and New York, USA. The IP team is responsible for attracting and winning new business for Barbados through a range of marketing activities including road shows, conferences and seminars, etc.
Ezra Catwell, Director Investment Facilitation
The Investment Facilitation division provides guidance to investors setting up operations in Barbados, including assistance with various government permits/ requirements, ensuring that the process is as seamless as possible. This team also provides aftercare support to investors already established in Barbados.