Allison & Mosby-Scott is a full-service law firm located in Bloomington, Illinois. Their attorneys have extensive experience in the formation, management and regulation of captive insurance companies. More importantly, they have actual experience in running captive insurance companies.
Law Office of Allison & Mosby-Scott, LLC
210 ½ N. Williamsburg Drive
Bloomington, Illinois 61704
Allison & Mosby-Scott know you work hard to make your business a success and you don’t want legal issues to stand in the way of that success. That’s why we want to be your partner in making sure your business meets its strategic goals. We want to be part of your business’ continued success.
Our lawyers have first-hand experience in not only running businesses and captive insurance companies, but also managing the wide variety of legal issues that arise in the business world.
Areas of specialisation
We offer the following legal services to our business clients:
• Captive insurance company taxation, formation and regulation
• Business and commercial litigation
• Business organization and transactions
• Mergers and acquisitions
• ERISA / Employee Benefits
• Employment Law
• Collections / Creditor’s Rights
• Crop insurance
Allison & Mosby-Scott also provides risk management services to its clients through its subsidiary, Allison & Mosby-Scott Risk Management, LLC. Allison & Mosby-Scott Risk Management provides risk management consulting services to businesses throughout the United States. We provide independent risk management consulting services. This means that we work solely in our client’s best interest in establishing risk management solutions to help our clients meet their strategic goals.
Allison & Mosby-Scott Risk Management services are customized for each individual client. We spend the necessary time to understand each client’s business and its goals before we design risk management solutions. Allison & Mosby-Scott Risk Management provides clients a wide variety of services, including:
• Outsourced Risk Management Services
• Risk Analysis/Profiling – Detailed identification and analysis of risk and exposures
• Insurance Program Reviews – Detailed review of existing insurance policies and costs
• Insurance Broker Selection & Request for Proposals – Development of specifications and marketing of insurance programs and assistance with agent/broker selection
• Contract review – review of insurance requirements in contracts
• Insurance Certificate Review & Compliance
• Captive Insurance Company Best Practices
• Captive Insurance Company Feasibility Studies and Formation
• Reinsuring Employee Benefits in a Captive Insurance Company
• Structuring captive insurance programs, including multi-national captive insurance programs
• Enterprise Risk Management
• Merger, acquisition and divestiture due diligence review
• Expert Witness services regarding captive insurance best practices
• Crop Insurance consulting
For more details on Allison & Mosby-Scott, please visit our website at www.allisonmosby-scott.com.
Michael T. Scott
Michael T. Scott is a partner and he heads the firm’s business law practice. He is also President of Allison & Mosby-Scott Risk Management. Prior to joining the firm, Michael was Vice President at ADM and served as President & General Counsel of its captive insurance operations.
Derek J. Luster
Derek J. Luster is an attorney who practices business law, as well as provides risk management consulting. Prior to joining the firm, Derek was Senior Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions at ADM where he was entrusted with handling extraordinary large and complex cross-border transactions.
Michael L. Fenger
Michael L. Fengeris an attorney whose practice focuses on estate planning and probate, business law, captive insurance and civil litigation.