In the past decade, Merlinos & Associates has assisted in the formation and operation of more than 200 alternative risk transfer mechanisms, including captives, risk retention groups, self-insurance funds, and workers’ compensation trusts.
Merlinos & Associates
3274 Medlock Bridge Road
Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092
Merlinos & Associates is a property, casualty, health, disability, and life actuarial consulting firm founded in 1988, currently serving clients in the U.S. and internationally. With more than 50 actuarial professionals, we are one of the largest independent actuarial firms in the United States.
- 34 credentialed actuaries (FCAS, FSA, ACAS, ASA), 17 actuarial analysts.
- 26 P&C credentialed actuaries under one roof.
- The most in any consulting office in the U.S.
- 50% of our credentialed actuaries worked at P&C, health, and life insurance companies and/or reinsurance companies prior to joining Merlinos.
- Top 10 P&C actuarial consulting firm based on P&C loss reserves of the insurance companies for whom we provide a Statement of Actuarial Opinion.
In addition to actuarial designations, our staff includes consultants with the following credentials:
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Certified Specialist in Predictive Analytics (CSPA)
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA)
- Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM)
We deliver traditional actuarial services to a wide range of domestic and international clients, including primary insurers, reinsurers, municipalities, state insurance departments, law firms, examination firms, audit firms, agencies, self-insured entities and groups, captives, and risk retention groups. We handle virtually all lines of property, casualty, health, and disability insurance. In addition, we offer a wide range of expanded services, including predictive analytics, monitoring and evaluation of financial conditions of insurers, actuarial feasibility studies, cash flow funding analyses, analyses of reinsurance treaties and risk transfer issues, ratemaking, product management, strategic planning, Annual Statement Schedule P compilation, litigation support, public policy development, environmental and asbestos analysis, and self-insurance & risk management strategies.
Principal and Senior Consulting Actuary
Rosemary Wickham is one of the leaders of our alternative risk transfer consulting practice. She has provided actuarial consulting for more than 28 years. Much of her career has focused on providing the development of rates structures and rates, and annual renewal rate studies for captives and risk retention groups.
Paul Merlino, ACAS, MAAA, CFA
President and Senior Consulting Actuary
Paul Merlino is the president of Merlinos & Associates and one of the leaders of our alternative risk transfer consulting practice. He has provided actuarial consulting for more than 35 years. He has provided rate development and reserve analyses to numerous captives, risk retention groups, and other self-insured entities.