PERFORMA provides INVESTMENT MANGEMENT and related services to the Captive Industry utilizing a combination of internally managed fixed income strategies and best of breed managers in other asset classes. PRP Performa Ltd. is one of the largest non-bank financial services institutions in Bermuda and is focused on portfolio management for Offshore Captive Insurance and Re-Insurance companies. - The firm is licensed to conduct investment business by the Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA). - Performa Limited (US) allows U.S. domiciled Captive Insurers access to the philosophy and experience of our established offshore platform. The firm is a registered investment advisor pursuant to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Section 203 of the Investment Advisors Act of 1940.
Performa Limited (US), LLC332 East Bay StreetCharleston, SC 29401
PERFORMA PROVIDES INSTITUTIONAL CLASS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SKILLS TO OUR GLOBAL CAPTIVE CLIENTS
We offer a fresh look at the markets by:
- Challenging conventional wisdom and helping clients understand a complex world
- Having our core beliefs drive our investment culture
- Quickly adapting to the changing landscape of the markets and our clients
What this means for you:
- Over 20 years of dedicated management of Captive balance sheets
- A Long-term performance orientation with an emphasis on value investing
- The ability to be nimble, contrarian, and decisive
- A Partnership approach to client service and direct access to Performa’s decision makers
- Absolute focus on our core competencies and finding the best strategic partners for non-core functions
OUR INVESTMENT PHILOSOPHY IS AN EXTENSION OF OUR CORE BELIEFS AND HAS NOT CHANGED IN OVER 20 YEARS
- Active Management promotes the continual appraisal of market conditions and we believe this produces better long term returns as markets, demographics, and economies shift.
- Capital Preservation Means the Return of Capital. The need for liquidity in times of market stress is always higher. Avoiding impairments allows you greater flexibility to manage your Captive’s assets.
- Value Investing brings Lower Risks and Costs through exposure to positions or sectors at good relative value entry points instead to chasing the latest trend.
- Our Team Orientation Fosters Better Communication and Idea Implementation through constant and rigorous internal debates around our investment theses.
- Initial asset allocation is the MOST important decision that we make together. We focus on the actual needs of your Captive rather than unnecessary influences and conventional wisdom.
- The formation of an Investment Policy is driven by the client’s characteristics, risk psychology, and liquidity needs. We work with you to create an honest self-assessment from the start.
- Eliminating distractions and guiding our clients through the perils of conventional wisdom allows for an asset allocation process that is true to the overall objective and philosophy.
- Captives are not the same as other main line insurance companies. Our investment time horizon is based on these specific captive needs including liquidity management and surplus.
FIXED INCOME PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Our approach is grounded in our philosophy of capital preservation and value orientation. Your Captive’s unique investment objectives, risk profile, and liquidity needs help identify the best fixed income solution.
We employ a combined top down/bottom up style. Our Investment Policy Group sets the macro tone from the top through broad analysis of global macro factors and investment themes. This input provides the basis for the major asset allocation and maturity profiles decisions for all strategies simultaneously.
Our Sector Portfolio Management Team implements those changes by finding and executing trades based on our relative value and fundamental credit research processes. This collaborative, team orientation best allows us to achieve our clients’ goals. Clients in captive domiciles throughout the world have a variety of choices to access the fixed income markets by style and strategy through both separately managed accounts and proprietary fixed income.
Chairman & CEO
Mr. Barit founded P.R.P. Performa Ltd. (Performa) in December 1992 and focuses on Relationship Management and firm governance. Experience: Head of Offshore Marketing - The Matuschka Group, (global asset mgmt. firm); Technology Sales to Insurers at IBM Education: Hobart College (BA-Econ)
Derek Martisus, ACAS, ASA, MAAA
Head of US Insurance Solutions
Derek is focuses on Captive business development and client relationships for Performa USA. Experience: Insurance Client Service at Dwight Asset Mgmt.; Captive Actuarial Consulting at Marsh; and direct industry positions. Education & Memberships: Notre Dame (BS-Math) and SUNY Binghamton (MA-Math), Casualty Actuarial Society (Associate), Society of Actuaries (Associate) & Member - American Academy of Actuaries.
David T. Kilborn, CFA
Global Chief Investment Office
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
David is Performa’s CIO, responsible for all investment activity & staff. David draws on skills gained during a 23-years career in portfolio management and trading. Experience: CIO of Dwight Asset Mgmt.; Emerging Market and Foreign bond trading on Wall Street-early 1990’s. Education & Memberships: Trinity College (CT) (BA-Econ), CFA Charterholder.