At Sagicor Insurance Managers Ltd., we serve clients with excellence in the following areas: captive formations & insurance licencing, administrative support & financial reporting, assistance with feasibility studies, combining well with other service providers in meeting clients’ objectives.
First Floor, Harbour Place
103 South Church Street
PO Box 1087
Grand Cayman KY1-1102
Our core services
- Assistance with the incorporation of the Company and Insurance Licencing, working with the client and his attorneys. Assistance in identifying suitable service providers as required.
- Provision of Registered Office and Corporate Secretarial functions, including the issuance of notice of meetings, attendance thereof and preparation and distribution of the resultant minutes. Assistance, where required with arranging accommodation and the meeting venue.
- Maintain the accounting records including preparation of un-audited financial statements periodically (usually quarterly), together with ad-hoc insurance data as required.
- Work with the captive’s external auditor in the production and their examination of the annual financial statements.
- Managing the receipt of financial information from other main service providers such as investment advisors and banks, brokers, claims administrators etc. Assistance with monitoring of investment performance and adherence to investment guidelines.
- Liaison on behalf of the captive with the Insurance Division of the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority with respect to business plan amendments, annual filings and any other regulatory matters.
The key area where we stand out is our ability to work with clients to meet their captive insurance company’s needs, and to provide clients with peace of mind that the governance of their captive is in hand. Specifically:
- We seek to anticipate issues before they become a problem and inform the client in timely fashion so remedial action may be taken.
- We believe in maintaining a transparent relationship with the Insurance Regulator in the dealings of the captives which we manage, which enables smooth transition of any requests for business plan changes, and more importantly resolution of any captive solvency issues in an orderly, amicable manner.
- We see our role as being available to captive directors to guide on how to fulfil their obligations under Cayman law, as well as an attitude of seeking to add value to the direction and the performance of their captives borne from prior captive management experience
James Rawcliffe, FCA
James has worked since 1996 in the captive industry, with the past 10 years in the Cayman Islands. In March 2009, James was promoted to general manager of the Company. James is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales having been a member since 1994.