Captive Manager, TMCM is a leading independent provider of all aspects of captive insurance management. Its access to a world wide knowledge pool and 135 year insurance management heritage through the Thomas Miller Group give it an advantage that few other companies in this sector can offer.
A Captive is a bona-fide licensed insurance company normally established by a non insurance entity and operated almost exclusively for the use or needs of that entity.
Typical reasons for the establishment of a captive are generally a mix of strategic, financial, market or operational considerations.
TMCM is well positioned to offer the full suite of insurance management solutions and services expected from a leading global player. These include
- Single parent captives – an insurance company owned by its parent.
- Protected Cell Company - Many insurance companies sat within one vehicle to share costs.
- Association or group – Collection of entities who wish to share their risks.
- Claims management
- Accounting - Financial reporting
- Cash management
- Corporate and statutory
- Board meeting arrangements
- In house investment management
Why choose TMCM?
- Captive insurance is TMCM’s focus; it is not a broker offering a ‘bolt on’ management service. This gives it a true independence which few other companies in this sector can offer.
- TMCM’s independence gives it the advantage of offering truly tailored solutions to insurance management with bespoke reporting to meet the needs of its clients.
- TMCM’s team are skilled professionals with considerable knowledge in areas of captive design and management. This ensures that every part of the client experience continues to be met by professional, time served staff.
- TMCM is a licensed Insurance Manager that is regulated by the Isle of Man Insurance Financial Services Authority.
Ross Dennett has 31 years broking and captive management experience. Prime point of contact for, predominantly, listed companies ensuring that the management services provided are delivered to the highest standard. Control and coordination of the client insurance arrangements including underwriting, reinsurance arrangements and claims handling in liaison with insurers, brokers and the client captive management team. Completed Full Time Executive MBA at Henleyin 2005.
Managing Director TMCM
16 years experience in the financial services sector, initially with aLondonbased consultancy specialising in wholesale and retail banking and then focussing on the offshore insurance sector. A Chartered Accountant also holds a Masters Degree and Doctorate in mechanical engineering. Responsible for the day to day management of half of the Company’s client portfolio which varies from brand name multinationals with extensive reinsurance programmes through to privately owned captives and mutuals.